Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as you need. Do not be embarrassed to request lay definitions.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
What People Say About Us
Prompt courteous service and very good value!!! A+
I have been doing business with the Van Gelders for way over twenty years. I trust their advice and more importantly their work.
Been friends for years. Always tries to fits us in if we are having a problem. They do great work in a timely manner.
Have been doing business with them for years. Wouldn't go anywhere else! Top notch work, they go out of their way to accommodate you
JR and the team are great! We take all of our cars here for big and small problems.
This is the type of auto service a person is looking for. Honest, professional, fair prices, and JR, Chris and Mike make you feel like a member of the family, people you can trust. I drive 38 miles for service because I TRUST these people. Glad they were there when I was looking for a new garage. Thank you VanGelder's "gang".
Vangelder's is a top notch automotive business. They're always there to help out, especially in
emergency situations. Mike and Chris are friendly and run a first rate operation.
Performed the work quickly and saved me some money also.